Building Up is a schools based programme for 10 – 13 year olds, designed to support the development of resiliency in young people.
The strategies pupils will learn and skills they will practice in Building Up will help prepare them for the challenges of adolescence.
The programme uses games and discussion to introduce 8 skill areas. These are described as the 8 Building Blocks to Resiliency and are as follows:-
- Believing in our abilities
- Recognising our feelings
- Being able to understand and share other peoples’ feelings
- Give ourselves time to think when things happen
- Think through the cause of problems
- Stay hopeful (optimistic)
- Setting achievable goals
- Asking for help when we need it