The Mentoring for Achievement Programme, ( MAP ), is a two year school based mentoring Programme for young people aged 10 – 16. MAP aims to support young people to achieve success and reach their full academic potential by developing problem solving skills and improving their self confidence and connection to school.
Based on Social Learning Theory Dr Brenna Bry developed the programme to use positive reinforcement and skills development to engage and promote learning and achievement.
MAP outcomes are:
- Improve school attendance
- Increase engagement in education
- Reduce school drop out rates
- Improve educational attainments
- Increase parental involvement in child’s education
- Strengthen relationship between school and parents
MAP referrals are made through a Young Person’s school with weekly 20 minute sessions throughout the school year with their mentor.
For more information contact: Education Services Manager
Lisa McCloy 028 9267 0918